We consider ourselves to be Central Texas’ foremost experts in the practice of Reproductive Acupuncture. When it comes to treating infertility and fertility-related issues with acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, we are the most experienced and most successful clinic of our kind in the region. Our acupuncturists are highly knowledgeable, and have studied with some of the world’s best known authors and foremost specialists in Reproductive Acupuncture.
Our patient load is over 95% fertility related — we see over 200 new fertility cases annually and work closely with our area’s top Reproductive Endocrinologists and Fertility Doctors so that our treatments closely complement our patient’s western medical treatments.
Kirsten Karchmer, MSOM, LAc (FABORM)
Founder and Clinical Director
Kirsten Karchmer is a Board Certified reproductive acupuncturist and former President of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine. She pioneered proprietary infertility assessment and treatment protocols that optimize fertility while improving patients overall health. She is also the CEO & Founder of Conceivable, a technology enabled fertility solution at 1/100 the cost of IVF, and Viv Wellness, a woman’s health revolution committed to eradicating PMS and cramping.
In 2013, Kirsten translated her successful clinical programs into her technology enabled platform that uses machine learning/ AI to provide affordable and impactful reproductive solution. Conceivable was named one of the most innovative health tech start ups from MedTech in 2015, and has been featured in The New York Magazine, Tech Crunch, and MHealth. She is also a Huffington Post contributor.
Karchmer lectures internationally on women’s health, the future of integrative medicine, and using technology to better serve patients, providers, and healthcare systems. Kirsten has been recognized as one of the top female start-up founders to watch, the recipient of the Texas Trailblazer award for her innovation in health care.
- President, American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM®),
- Board Certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (Dipl. O.M.®)
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board
- Masters of Oriental Medicine, AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine
- The University of Texas at Austin, Masters of Education in Linguistics
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelors of English and French
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Member
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Asociation, Member
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine, Former President
- Texas Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Member
Marisa Melendez, MAcOM, LAc
Marisa has been treating patients with acupuncture and herbal therapy since 2011. Upon graduating from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, she launched her busy practice successfully treating hundreds of people and their ailments. The vast majority of her patients were women seeking help for infertility and pain.
Marisa discovered her love for acupuncture after graduating from Texas State University in 2007. She had planned on pursuing a graduate degree in psychology and was suffering from occipital migraines that were often debilitating. Ultimately, acupuncture and herbs cured her migraines and inspired her to redirect her studies and passion for healing others.
In 2016, Marisa learned she was expecting identical twins and was being monitored weekly due to the incredibly high-risk pregnancy. She had to put her practice on hold but the experience was humbling and further fueled her passion for helping women through difficult pregnancies. One month after delivery twins, she was back in action, providing acupuncture for women in active labor at Austin Area Birthing Center.
Having been raised in San Antonio, Marisa has lived and worked in Austin for more than a decade. When she’s not seeing patients, she enjoys cooking, sewing, designing children’s clothing, and chasing after her growing boys.
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine (MAcOM)
- BA in Psychology and Public Relations, Texas State University, San Marcos
- Board Certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (Dipl. O.M.)
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board